Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I mean....

I'm glad to see that the state of Pennsylvania has seen fit to allow beer distributors to be open on Sunday afternoons. Just in time for football season. I know that both of my readers are familiar with the arcane beer and liquor laws in Pennsylvania, so I won't go into detail. But it's one small step for beer, one giant leap for beer-kind.

I just discovered that if you press and hold the alt key and type 164, you get a letter "n" with a tilde over it, or ñ! Now I can type words like piñata and.......well, I can't think of any more. But if I do, I'll let you know. If either of my readers know of any more of these woñderful features, please let me know. Thañks.

I once heard many years ago that Candice Bergen claimed to have never set foot in a McDonald's or eaten any McDonald's food. I didn't know whether to admire her for that or be annoyed. But then when I thought about it, I have never set foot in a Starbucks or had any Starbucks coffee. Ever. And I'm damn proud of that. There are at least 4 Starbucks within walking distance of my home, and I haven't been to any of 'em. So to Candice Bergen I say, "You go, girl."

Don't you hate it when people reply to a question by first saying, "I mean..."? Like you say, "How's your job going?" And they say, "I mean, it's going okay, but I'm looking around." Or you say, "Your car's running good." And they say, "I mean, it's running okay, but it needs a tune-up and an oil change." I mean, I hate that.

Mañana! That's another one. Mañana! I'll hit my piñata mañana. Cool!

2 Comments:

Blogger Fargus... said...

I'm ashamed to say I've beeñ to Starbucks on ñumerous occasioñs. Their coffee just isñ't as good as homemade, though, or most other coffee I cañ thiñk of.

El Niño! You forgot that oñe.

Unfortunately they don't have the n with the umlaut over it, so I can't type Spiñal Tap correctly. This'll have to do.

4:09 AM  
Blogger Shnookylangston said...

How could I forget El Niño? Here are a few more:
alt 129 = ü
alt 132 = ä
alt 137 = ë
alt 139 = ï
alt 148 = ö
alt 152 = ÿ
Fun with umlauts!

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home